Check out our Job listings below
or load your CV directly onto our database.
Job TitleGerman-speaking Travel/Destination Coordinator
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience4 to 5 years
SalaryR19000 to R26000
Job Published20 July 2022
Job Reference No.1193552099
Do you enjoy interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds? Would you help others realize their travel dream and experience the best that a destination has to offer? Would you like to join a multicultural and passionate team in an entrepreneurial environment where boundaries in the global travel industry are challenged and new ideas and out-of-the-box thinking are welcomed and encouraged?
Our client is currently recruiting a German-speaking Travel Coordinator | Destination Specialist to join their team. The role of a trip coordinator is to manage and coordinate trips for our international guests while they are travelling with the company, with the aim of bringing alive the magic of travel through a well-organized and seamless trip. Specifically, the responsibilities would include:
- Working closely with their partners to confirm ground services the moment a booking comes in
- Reconfirming all services with relevant partners before the start of a trip to ensure everything is booked as per what has been promised to the guest
- Liaising between their guests and the partners to execute trips and deliver on the experiences promised by their travel consultants
- Providing prompt, courteous service to guests by applying critical thinking and problem-solving skills to their problems
- Understanding the guests’ requirements and coordinating with different departments to prepare necessary arrangements pre and post the guests’ travel
- Briefing guests about their upcoming experience in Africa and Europe
- Acting as the single point of contact for guests on his or her trip and providing 24hr support throughout the duration of the trip - this would include availability over weekends and holidays in case of emergencies or crisis
- Issue handling, catering to special requests, planning surprises and special activities, and regular follow-ups with guests by negotiating with partners for freebies or special rates
? We are looking for a more tailor made Senior consultant.
? Experience working with Southern Africa product.
? TourPlan knowledge preferable not a must.
? Has 4-5 years DMC (Destination Management Company) experience Knowledge on Southern Africa product.
? Experience working with US/UK markets
What do they expect from you?
- You love interacting with and helping people and have a passion for delighting guests and making their travel dreams come true. You are willing and keen to go the extra mile to support our guests and comfortable with flexible working hours including evenings and weekends if necessary
- You are an excellent communicator in the English and German languages, both verbal and written. This entails strong listening skills and the ability to convey information in a structured, clear and concise way
- You are able to work under pressure and handle crisis situations in a calm manner, enabling you to act and communicate clearly and confidently in challenging situations
- You have a naturally warm and pleasant personality and excellent people skills – you are empathetic and able to put yourself “into the shoes” of our guests, to relate and connect with people with diverse personalities and backgrounds and to build trust
- You are a quick learner and comfortable with embracing technology and change in general and have outstanding mental agility and are solution orientated. This entails being proactive and able to “think on your feet'' as well as “out of the box” to quickly find solutions in challenging situations
- You are strongly self-driven and have an intrinsic motivation to be the best you can. You are highly self-organized, and have a high level of attention to detail and an intrinsic desire to keep things organized
- You have 2+ years of customer service experience, preferably in tourism.