Check out our Job listings below
or load your CV directly onto our database.
Job TitleCamp/Lodge Asssitant Manager - Tourism/Hospitality Industry
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published17 November 2022
Job Reference No.2105253494
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB:
To assist the camp manager in ensuring that the camp systems, facilities, activities and staff work together in a smooth, safe and harmonious manner so as to ensure that guests have a memorable stay.
This purpose is coupled with the concept that the camp is a business unit that needs to run profitably with effective cost-stock controls, management of assets and environmental care.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- To support the manager in any way asked within reason and be a bridge between the Manager and staff.
- Allocation of all duties to the staff in your department.
- Responsible for all stock being used in your camp. It is extremely important to pay attention to the movement of the stock to ensure the most economic and profitable practices are conducted.
- Prepare leave and off schedules fairly and place onto the notice boards.
- Ensure that the staff committee is in place and works properly.
- Oversee all staff food and FB guides food.
- Awareness of all company policies, systems and procedures.
- Keep staff notice board to the company’s standards.
- Make sure that all staff are in proper uniforms and have name tags when they are front of house.
- Manage the stores and storekeeper.
- Control stock levels in conjunction with the Manager.
- Document any training done in-house and send a copy to HR for filing.
- Ensure you are looking after all eco matters in camp in conjunction with assigned eco warrior – fuel use, waste measurement, waste separation, as per the operations audit.
- Ensure the maintenance report books and checklists are updated.
- Participate in hosting lunches and dinners as and when required with the manager.
- Assist in cost controls – work with the camp manager on how to cut running costs down and keep within all budgets.
- Ensure that all meals are on the table in time.
- Ensure all staff members know what activities, arrivals and departures are required to plan for the day before – the daily plan.
- Ensure all staff are working as per their job descriptions.
- Ensure that staff quarters, managers tents and guide tents are kept clean and in working order.
- Ensure you have daily meetings with the manager and update manager on any issues or forthcoming events.
- To complete all daily reports as required
- To ensure all systems, procedures and policies are being adhered to.
- Always be helpful and friendly to your guests.
- Ensure you are always presentable and practice good personal/work-related hygiene measures.
- As Assistant Manager will be your responsibility to ensure that the camp follows the highest standards of service, dress, hygiene and interaction with the guests.
- Ensure a daily meeting with your HOD’s and Manager to convey all information required for the day.
- Ensure the correct usage of company equipment.
- Maintain the recycling of the waste in your camp. Ensure you have 5 different rubbish bins in the kitchen for Plastic, Paper, Metal, Food, Glass. Ensure that the correct wastage goes into each bin. Ensure that the bags are removed when full and sent to the Rubbish Holding Area. Ensure rubbish bins are then disinfected before using again.
Weekly & Monthly duties:
- Ensure all weekly & monthly reports are carried out and emailed to Head Office
- To ensure that all departments leave and off days are taken and report to the manager.
- Ensure all staff follow the camps rules and regulations.
- Awareness of all company policies, procedures and systems.
- Staff evaluations and risk assessments to be carried out twice yearly.
- Ensure guides daily record book is completed to include sightings, client feedback, vehicle issues, clients have received all indemnity information.
- Be a team player.
- To carry out initial first aid or medical treatment for all staff on site.
- To maintain efficient records of requisitions to enable accurate calculations of profits.
- To carry out any reasonable request from the Field Ops.
- To monitor all staff in your camp and ensure that they have continuous training as and when required.
- To monitor working hours of all departments.
- To ensure camp is run in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Ensure camp is kept secure at all times and askaris are following systems.
- To ensure that fire drills and evacuation plans are practised and clearly displayed in all camps.
- Information boards in guest areas to be regularly updated and displayed.
- All other members of staff are dealt with in a polite and helpful manner at all times
- Members of staff are dealt with in a manner that maintains goodwill and respect and avoids conflict and offense
- Members of staff are dealt with in a manner that maintains goodwill and respect and avoids conflict and offense.
- The Management are kept informed about all activities of the camp and the staff concerned.
- Instructions from Management are treated constructively and acted upon
- Guest are greeted in a polite and friendly manner at all times
- Guest’s needs and requirements can be anticipated through information received from the bookings sheets. These must be executed promptly and efficiently. Specific requirements must be followed exactly during the guests stay.