Check out our Job listings below
or load your CV directly onto our database.
Job TitleSenior Data Warehousing Specialist
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 20 years
SalaryR650000 to R850000
Job Published24 August 2022
Job Reference No.2155199612
Urgently looking for a Senior Data Warehousing Specialist !
Maintain and support:
- Existing MIS databases
- Existing reports and dashboards
- Existing data warehouses
Develop, test, deploy, maintain and support new databases, and reporting, data warehouse and business intelligence applications from high-level business requirements and designs, through the Software Development Life Cycle.
Remain informed about developments and trends in the data enablement field to assist the business to keep its data analytics and management capability up-to-date, and able to meet the future needs of the business in a constantly maturing and increasingly complex short-term insurance industry
- Develop, implement and document Business Intelligence Solutions (Internal Process):
- Contribute to the overall data warehouse architecture and data base designs
- Maintain and oversee the administration and maintenance of the data warehouse
- Develop and maintain Business Intelligence and reporting technologies and processes
- Translate stakeholder requirements into technical specifications for Business Intelligence (BI) reports and applications
- Design and develop reports and dashboards based on Business Requirements Document (BRD) and customer specifications
- Develop feasible technical specifications and process flows for data provision activities in support of the development of business intelligence solutions
- Ensure the continued maintenance and enhancement to existing business intelligence solutions
- Within user specifications extract, transform and load (ELT) data using the relevant tools
- Verify and quality assure of data provided
- Provide support to business intelligence users on data-related issues
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Business Leaders to deliver quality, effective management information, data warehouse and business intelligence applications, in line with the agreed development process and business needs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements, conduct analysis and prioritise requests.
- Conduct research and evaluate potential technical solutions to identified business problems.
- Translate business requirements into workable solutions and document solutions into technical specifications, partnering with Business and/or System Analysts when required.
- Design and code new database and analytics functionality using code that is readable, maintainable and re-usable.
- Conduct Unit Testing of own code and resolve all issues/queries timeously.
- Contribute to user acceptance testing (UAT) to ensure that functionality is working correctly.
- Deliver solutions into the applicable production environment once testing has been completed.
- Provide stakeholders with regular feedback on the technical design and timelines for solution ensuring that business needs are met.
- Maintain existing databases and applications according to change requests approved by business as and when needed.
- Diagnose root causes of issues through problem-solving and recommend potential solutions.
- Monitor performance of solutions and make recommendations to improve the performance and functionality of the solutions, where appropriate.
- Log issues found in existing systems as internal change controls and ensure successful resolution of issues.
- Conduct research and undergo training where appropriate, in order to remain abreast of data enablement trends and understand their application in the short-term insurance industry
- Assist management and colleagues to make the right decisions in terms of planning future data enablement infrastructure, architecture and applications in the Momentum short-term insurance business, in alignment with Momentum Metropolitan group standards and the South African financial services regulatory framework.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Relevant IT and data analytics qualifications e.g. B.Tech or B.Sc. (Informatics) (Essential)
- Dimensional modelling and/or relevant Microsoft certification (Advantageous)
- 5 - 10 Experience in a similar role
Location - Centurion
Contact Person - James Knoll - Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Business WhatsApp - 074 644 4500