Check out our Job listings below
or load your CV directly onto our database.
Job TitleTravel Product Trainer (Africa Leisure Travel)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 8 years
SalaryR30000 to R35000
Job Published07 September 2022
Job Reference No.2878555242
Our company owns and manages prime properties in many regions across Africa and has plans to expand its global footprint. As a business we rely on the experience and quality of our camp offering and the knowledge of our reservations and sales teams to close sales. Doing this allows us to strive towards our vision. The role of the Product Trainer is to enhance the reservations and sales teams’ knowledge of the regions, concessions, camps and experiences offered across our unique portfolio. Furthermore, the Product Trainer will play a key role in fostering a culture where continuous learning is encouraged.
A key objective for the incumbent will be to align the training content with the unique selling points and differentiating features of each of our properties as well as those of the services we offer and our touring services. This is key from the perspective of ensuring that there is a consistent message that resonates throughout the business and can be shared with external partners
- Responsible to create, manage and deliver detailed training on the company’s products and services. This includes our camps, our touring services and transport services.
- Ensure that staff are aware of where they can access product-specific information.
- Work closely with the Head of Reservations, Reservations Managers and Reservations Operations Managers to drive a targeted Product training program within the reservation teams.
- Work closely with the Head of Yield and Revenue Management and the Head of Reservations to identify specific areas for training based on annual sales patterns.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure that everyone in the sales team is promoting the same Unique Selling Points (USP’s) for all of our camps and services.
- Train new staff on all our camps and the regions within which we operate.
- Implement holistic product training modules incorporating aspects of eco-tourism, hospitality, sustainability, wildlife and community influences.
- Training will need to be of a detailed nature so as to highlight the unique aspects of our camps and the areas within which we operate. The camp training will need to cover topics such as:
- USP’s of the camp
- Topography and habitats of the area
- Detailed overview of fauna and flora highlighting key species
- Community involvement
- Purpose and impact
- Competing and complementary products
- Outside of the product specific training, foster a culture that promotes a passion for wildlife and conservation in general.
- Where necessary, provide itrvl training to reservations staff whose agents are working on itrvl.
- Provide training to the sales team so that they are able to both conduct demos on the itrvl platform and also sell the benefits of the platform to prospective agents.
- Where required, assist with external training on the itrvl platform.
- Responsible for training new staff on itrvl.
- Internal systems training
- Work closely with the IT department to identify key areas for training on the internal systems used by the business. These include, but are not limited to:
- MS Teams
- MS Outlook
- MS Office
- MS OneDrive
- Webinar software
- PipeDrive where applicable
- Facilitate training on the software solutions listed above to ensure that the business is making best use of the solutions provided and that best practice is being followed.
- Provide training on general IT protocols such as filing protocols, IT security, call logging protocols and other general IT-related topics.
- Responsible for training new staff on the internal IT systems, protocols, and procedures.
- Work closely with the itrvl and Window development teams to remain up to date on all developments on the respective platforms.
- Work closely with the Talent Development Manager to remain up to date with best practice in training.
Skills gap analysis and succession planning
- Consult with departments to analyze business processes and support technology needs.
- Collaborate with the heads of the teams listed below to ensure business process training needs are met in a consistent manner:
- Yield and Revenue Management
- Marketing Services
- Associated Product
- Human Resources
Facilitate training and provide feedback
- Assist with developing training materials on the key platforms that are specific to the day-to-day running of our company. These include, but are not limited to itrvl, Window and Tourplan.
- Facilitate training on the various platforms and software solutions that the business uses.
- As the scope of platforms and software where training is required is extensive, the Systems Trainer will not be able to present all of the training. In certain cases, the Systems Trainer will be required to call on the services of other resources to facilitate the training. These resources can either be internal or external.
- Following training, provide feedback & skills level reporting to the respective line managers.
- Prior experience working on the Wilderness Window, itrvl and Tourplan is advantageous. An IT-related qualification from a reputable tertiary institution is also advantageous. Prior experience documenting, training, and supporting end users on systems software or business processes is a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills. Strong project management skills and the ability to supervise multiple projects. The individual will be required to be an independent self-starter who can identify solutions for potential issues
- Tech-savvy. Able to embrace current technologies. Able to adapt well to change. Team worker who has the ability to interface with various departments. Consistent approach to quality of output. Great interpersonal skills. Ability to document technical processes. Self-starter with high energy levels.
- A passion for wildlife and a commitment to sustainability and conservation
Should you wish to apply for this role, please email your latest CV and motivation to: email@example.com