Check out our Job listings below
or load your CV directly onto our database.
Job TitleOrganisational Development Specialist (Insurance)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 8 years
Job Published23 August 2022
Job Reference No.474723044
Our client has Business Development Consultant (BDC) opportunities for sales hunters in our Personal Lines environment. BDCs are committed, driven, results oriented sales driven advisers who are able to work on their own, as well as in a team environment writing business in accordance with targets laid down by the company. They will be expected to source leads and achieve sales targets primarily on motor and household domestic insurance.
Responsibilities and work outputs for Business Development Specialist
Implement HC solutions which will enable strategic objectives in partnership with business
- Engage and partner with business to understand their needs to develop and implement integrated people plans, initiatives and solutions in response to business and people challenges.
- Develop and implement change and organisational development strategies and initiatives that drive well-being, effectiveness, and efficiency in the business.
- Drive the implementation of comprehensive strategies, programmes, and action plans to improve critical organisational
- Performance in partnership with the rest of the HC team (Ops & Learning and Development).
- Drive and lead change management initiatives aligned to people strategy to improve productivity and build and drive a highperformance culture.
- Provide specialised organisational development support to the rest of the HC team and business leadership.
- Partner with the rest of HC team to deliver effective, efficient, integrated and value-added HC solutions to business in line with business needs.
- Partner with HC team in building capabilities for driving the implementation of a high performance and winning culture.
- Actively seek to understand existing and new strategic and cultural issues and ensure the implementation of effective
- Organisational Development programmes and interventions to address the issues.
- Design and implement a Change Management framework, approach, and methodologies, best suited to the Organisation's change landscape and which capacitates Change Management in the Organisation in partnership with the HC team and COE’s (where applicable).
- Provide career development and/ or assessment feedback to all successful employees after the recruitment process.
- Facilitate organisational effectiveness interventions to effectively manage conflict, build teams, create change agility, and build a culture that is aligns to business values.
- Coach, advise and provide tools to leaders to successfully lead change in their environment.
- Effectively use diagnostic tools and monitor business results to determine the success of interventions and to design new interventions.
Enable client centricity within area of responsibility
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver on expectations of clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client
- Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance client service delivery
- Drive client service delivery goal achievement in line with predefined standards in order to ensure that clients receive appropriate
- advice and after sales service.
- Manage client query processes and ensure that queries are tracked, accurately resolved and used as a mechanism to improve client
- service and business processes
Craft highly effective teams
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise
- employee productivity.
- Select and recruit suitably qualified talent in line with Employment Equity principles and MMI culture
- Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement and effectively manage performance within the team in order to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Encourage innovation, change agility and collaboration within the team
Contribute to financial controls and planning
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency
- Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect
- Control the budget for area, including the authorisation of expenditures and implementation of financial regulations.
- Manage high risk and problematic financial issues in area of accountability and contribute to the development of policy
- Business acumen
- Client commitment
- Drive for results
- Leads change and innovation
- Impact and influence
- Self-awareness and insight
- Diversity and inclusiveness
- Sense of urgency
- Analytical thinking
- Commercial thinking and business acumen
- Presentation and facilitation skills
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant Master’s degree and/or registration as Industrial Psychologist
- 5– 8 years’ experience working as an organisational development specialist
- Extensive experience working with senior leadership teams
Should you wish to apply for this position, please email your latest CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org