Check out our Job listings below
or load your CV directly onto our database.
Job TitleGuest Experience Liaison
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 7 years
Job Published11 August 2022
Job Reference No.635476141
Guest Experience Liaison
LEVEL: Senior Travel Designer
REPORTS TO: Guest Experience Manager
LOCATION: Johannesburg, Cape Town or Nairobi
Proudly born and bred in Botswana over 39 years ago, the company remains dedicated to pioneering authentic and sustainable ecotourism in Africa, whilst making a positive impact on conservation, and driving community empowerment.
The ideal candidate will need to be well versed in Guest Relations with excellent communication skills as well as a high aptitude for customer interaction and to understand and pre-empt the overall needs and wants for a guest’s stay. Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and be a great team player who thrives in making a guest journey from ordinary to extraordinary.
Brief description of the position:
- Create seamless service delivery through regular correspondence with guests during their stay. Delighting them with high attention while focusing on the intricacies of the guest's journey.
- Maintain effective communication with all journey stakeholders to ensure a smooth & friendly service delivery whilst ensuring all requirements are communicated effectively and efficiently.
- Deal promptly, efficiently, and pleasantly with any queries and resolve guest queries.
- Operating according to and in compliance with – company standards of operations, company policies and procedures, and company code of conduct.
- Offer highly personalised guest touch-points which generate significant real and perceived value through strong relationships with trade partners.
- Have extensive knowledge of all regions we package, attending all training sessions and site inspections where necessary.
- Analyze guest feedback and provide solutions to ensure continuous improvement towards guest satisfaction and thus positively impacting future travel.
Qualification: Matric certificate – with maths (minimum standard grade or above)
Tertiary certificate in Travel & Tourism/hospitality.
Experience: Min 5 years’ experience at a Senior level in Reservations.
Experience in handling customer relationships and developing & promoting product and services in the inbound travel industry.
Computer Literate (Microsoft Office, email, Internet)
Proven English literacy.
Working knowledge of TourPlan and WISH or similar booking/operating system. General destination knowledge on Southern & East Africa.
Personal and work travel experience in Southern and East Africa.
Problem solver and good with guest interaction
Excellent attention to detail.
Excellent communication skills both written and oral, in English.
Foreign language skills advantageous
Ability to multitask and ensure good time-management
Extremely proactive with an outgoing, charismatic, and approachable character.
Creative, organized, and excellent communication skills. Ability to work under pressure without compromising accuracy. Ability to pace oneself and prioritise demands. Team worker and ability to interface with various departments. Good, follow-up skills. A consistent approach to quality of output, service, and result orientated. Good administrator and professional in all dealings. Dedicated to customer satisfaction and want to “go the extra mile”. Self-starter with high energy levels.
A passion for wildlife and a commitment to sustainability and conservation and can relate personally to “Our journeys change lives”
Should you wish to apply for this role, please email your latest CV and motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org